Friday, October 21, 2011

Delaware's Strongest Wrap-Up, pre-Nationals

Delaware's Strongest didn't go too poorly, and went pretty close to plan.

Truck Pull: 1st, only 200 to finish it.
Circus Dumbbell Press: Underestimated the other 200's here. Saw some great pressing. Got 5 reps, one more would have tied me with the middle of the pack. Instead, wound up with next to last.
Keg Carry: 2nd. !st place guy smoked it.
Car Deadlift: My nemesis strikes again. No bueno, bought it and took the apparatus home.
Stone Over Bar: 12 Reps. Closest to my score was 8 or 9. I'll take it. They dropped the weight for 200's down to 230, and a light stone over bar is my jam.

Recently, I've had a solid run with the Hussafel stone, getting more comfortable there. Suited up, and was able to pull a relatively heavy car deadlift. Knocked out some PRs for weight on the yoke, and it hasn't been a bad few weeks.



Nationals is coming up shortly. I have four training sessions left before hitting the road. Did a little research on my competitors based on the posted list (via youtube and google), and I'm extremely impressed with the capabilities of my fellow 200's.

Next stop, Nats.

No comments: