Sunday, September 4, 2011

Training Update: Pre-Delaware's Strongest

Next two contests will be Delaware's Strongest Man 2011, and then Nationals.

I haven't put much thought into Delaware 2011, mainly because I know Nationals is around the corner. There will be:

Truck Pull: I haven't put in much specific training at all here. I usually get through these decently.
Circus DB: I'm hoping for good things. I know I can get this weight (123), and I know others may not be able to. It's a technical enough movement that I can make up for a lack of pressing strength.
Keg Carry: Done well on carries in the past, but these are pretty heavy kegs.
Car DL: All depends on the setup/handle height, etc.. Could be great, or terrible.
Stone Over Bar: This will be good testing for nats. 300 to 46".

General training:

Recently pulled 600 FW deadlift. I've picked it before with a slightly higher setup, so we can call it a PR.

Got 235 overhead on the log. Puts me a little closer to the 250 I need for nationals.


No comments: