Sunday, April 10, 2011

Strongest Man at the JF Hurley YMCA

I spent the past two weeks since the Capital Classic trying to recover. Back has been wrecked, to the point that I went to the doctor for xrays. It stopped hurting enough Wednesday before the contest to do some light dumbbell work and sled dragging, and given it was a short/light contest, I gave it a shot. It was also my brother's first contest, so I wanted to be there anyway.

Stones (175, 205, 240): Light and few, these went fast. They were also head to head, which was honestly a little disconcerting. Not sure of my placing, but not great - about 8 seconds. Fastest times I think were high 6s.

Dumbbell (65, 90, 120): Not circus DBs as we thought. Just those three, for time. Snatched the first two easily, but could manage any form of clean and jerk on the last. Tweaked my neck attempting the 120.

Fingers. Two weights, 2 flips on each: Found that I was pretty decent here, being taller. Got a good clean, a good cycle time, and didn't slow down until the last one.

Prowler push (180, in grass): never touched one before. Somewhere in the middle of the pack, was only 50' for time. 6 seconds or so.

Bus Pull: Just wanted to stay consistent. Did well I thought, but didn't give it enough juice after I got it moving.


Not a lot of lessons here. Coming off an injury, with little training over the past month. Had a good time.

No comments: